I know I’ve been quiet here lately. Its not for lack of doing stuff. Time is flying by. While it’s still pretty warm and humid, the nights are cooler and the trees are starting to turn. This is some of what we are up to right now.
– I’m taking a break from Facebook. I disabled my account and I’m so much happier and more productive. Here’s how to disable yours. You will find me on Instagram instead.
– I started a new Pinterest board: Hand Writing. My favorite right now is this printable practice sheet.
– We finally got the car back from getting repaired. It was almost two complete months from the accident to getting it back. It was incredibly frustrating and put all of our August and September plans on hold. I’m so glad to be able to move about freely again.
– We are thinking about camping. A lot. We headed out last weekend to a nearby camp ground. We are going again soon and then down to the Shawnee National Forest toward the end of October to catch the colorful trees. We are also planning an epic road trip for sabbatical next summer. We are using Roadtrippers.com for planning the route and stops.
– I’m making jewelry for the Holiday Market December 12 & 19. (See #1) I do this Monday – Friday for a few hours a day. The weekends are for scrapbooking if we aren’t camping.
– Orion is completely self sufficient about getting himself to college and back. He’s also getting an A in his class. Not bad for a 16 year old. He’s also walking two plus miles every morning. He’s grown up so much this summer!
– Alexander is spending every other day at the Fab Lab hanging out and printing stuff in their 3D printer. Tonight we attend the training for the laser printer (for me). I have lots of ideas, as usual.
– Alexander is baking. I bring home the supplies and he will make it. He made chocolate cake last night.
– I quit my cards only Blinks if Life membership and signed up for 3 months of Cocoa Daisy. I love my first kit. October looks great, too. I will never ever ever buy anything from Studio Calico again. Gah, horrible customer service experience.
– I’m setting up my fall capsule wardrobe. I’ve been gathering the extra pieces over the past month. I think I’m just about ready. Want to see?
– I’ve been making lots of stuff from my Pinterest food board. We loved this Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, Martha’s one pot pasta (I use spaghetti and cut the water down to 3 1/2 c.) I’ve made it four times in the last month alone. We also liked this Broccoli Cheddar soup and these slow cooker collard greens.
-The garden is fading. We only had a few tomatoes this year. I’m going to need to rethink the garden next year. I missed having tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and lots of herbs. The flowers were amazing though, and we had a lot of monarch butterflies pass through the yard.