I had no problem getting my May pages done. April pages were like pulling teeth in contrast. A few things have changed that 1) helped me with the process of making spreads, and 2) I like the aesthetics more than I have in the past. My photos tend to be colorful (and busy) so I’ve found that I really need a minimized design to work with or else there’s no place for the eye to rest.
So, what changed?
– I cropped my photos to focus on minimal details. The focus is on the story.
– I make the photos black and white if they are busy.
– Bright colors are contrasted by making the photos smaller 2 3/4 x 2 3/4-ish.
– I joined Blinks of Life kit club. I love their design sense. It’s very minimal but beautiful at the same time. I also like that there isn’t a lot of color. My photos tend to be colorful (and busy) so I’ve found that I really need a minimized design to work with or else there’s no place for the eye to rest.
– I focused on using the kit and the kit only. I added a few little embellishments and I nearly killed my first kit.
– I used my stamps, my Silhouette, my die cut machine, and my sewing machine to embellish.
There you have it. Here are the pages.
I’m changing things up a bit for June. I’ve started making digital files again. I haven’t been this inspired in a long time!0